Welcome to “Learn the Signs. Act Early” (LTSAE)!
The January 28th seminar “Learn the Signs. Act Early” (LTSAE):
- Overview and Program Implementation of LTSAE
- Importance of early identification and provide current statistics
- LTSAE program philosophy and implementation
- Overview of Monitoring Tools and how each can be used within settings
- Milestone Tracker app? Step by step instructions
The February 25th seminar: Early Childhood Developmental Monitoring, Screening, Referral, & Milestones
- Developmental monitoring? Screening? Evaluation? What is the difference between the three and who is responsible for each?
- Why do we need to do both monitoring and screening? How does LTSAE compliment the current screening tools you are using (example ASQ-3)?
- Understand the MA referral system for children birth to 5. Process for Early Intervention and special education referrals reviewed. What is Family Ties and what services do they provide?
- Introduction to Milestones for Feeding and Dressing
The March 25th seminar: Motor and Cognitive Milestones for Children
- Motor Milestones with a focus on parent engagement and play activities to support motor skill development
- Cognitive Milestones with a focus on parent engagement and play activities to support cognitive skill development
The April 29th Seminar: Social & Speech Milestones for Children
- Social Skills Milestones with a focus on parent engagement and play activities to support social skill development
- Speech and language milestones with a focus on parent engagement and play activities to support speech production and language skill development
The May 27th Seminar: Attachment and Complex Trauma
- Attachment theory and the characteristics of secure and insecure attachment
- Infant cueing and parent-child interactions; Promoting secure attachment
- Brain development and the neurology of trauma
- Social effects of early trauma and child responses